DC Battery Specialists
7415 N.E. 1st Place
Miami, Florida 33138
Power-Sonic (Powersonic) Batteries
to download and save on your computer. PDF format. Adobe Acrobat viewer required for viewing.)
Power-sonic Battery Features:
- The Power-Sonic valve regulated, spill-proof construction of the Power-
Sonic battery allows trouble-free, safe operation in any position. There is no need to add electrolyte, as gases generated
during over-charge are recombined in a unique "oxygen cycle."
- Easy Handling
- No special handling precautions or shipping containers - surface or air - are required due to leak-proof construction.
- The high watt-hour per dollar value of Power-Sonic batteries is made possible by the
materials used in a sealed lead-acid battery. This is because they are readily
available and low in cost.
- Long Service Life
- Under normal operating conditions, four or five years of
dependable service life can be expected in stand-by applications, or between 200 and 1000 charge/discharge cycles
depending on the average depth of discharge for Power-Sonic batteries.
- Design Flexibility
- Batteries may be used in series and/or parallel to obtain choice
of voltage and capacity. Due to recent design breakthroughs,
the same battery may be used in either cyclic or standby applications. Over 40 Power-sSnic battery models are available to choose from.
- Rugged Construction
- The high impact resistant battery case is made either of non-
conductive ABS plastic or styrene. Large capacity batteries frequently have polypropylene cases. All of these materials
impart great resistance to shock, vibration, chemicals and heat for Power-Sonic batteries.
- Power-Sonic batteries use state-of-the-art design, high grade
materials, and a carefully controlled plate-making process to
provide excellent output per cell. The high energy density
results in superior power/volume and power/weight ratios.
- High Discharge Rate
- Low internal resistance allows discharge currents of up to ten
times the rated capacity of the battery. Relatively small
Power-Sonic batteries may thus be specified in applications requiring high
- Long Shelf Life
- A low self-discharge rate permits storage of fully charged
batteries for up to a year at room temperature before charging
is required. Lower storage temperatures enhance shelf life
characteristics even further.
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
- Power-Sonic batteries may be discharged over a temperature
range of -40 degrees C to +60 degrees C (-40 degrees F to +140 degrees F) and charged at
temperatures ranging from -20 degrees C to +50 degrees C (4 F to +122 F).
- Deep Discharge Recovery
- Special separators, advanced plate composition, and a carefully balanced electrolyte system have greatly improved the
ability of recovering from excessively deep discharge.